Your First Visit
Our team would like to welcome you to Dentistry for Children! Whether you are new to the area, looking for a new pediatric dentist, or ready to get your child’s dental journey started, we’re here to help. We want your child to create pleasant dental memories in a comfortable, happy environment. We believe in lots of smiles, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
First Visit For Infants & Toddlers
For infants and toddlers, the first visit means a meet-and-greet with a fun dental team! We’ll help break the ice, introduce them to our team and gently take a look at their growing smile. We’re also here to answer any questions you may have and help you understand what to expect next in their dental development. Following your little one’s first visit, we recommend scheduling a visit every six months to keep their smile on the right track.
Tips To Prepare For Your Child’s First Visit
In our office, we want to take the fear out of dentistry. We know that visiting the dentist can be intimidating, but our goal is to help your child feel comfortable each and every time they walk through our doors. We recommend bringing your child in for their first visit around the age of one. But no matter your child’s age, it’s never too late to begin their dental care journey. The following tips can help you and your child enjoy their first visit!
- Help your child get excited about their upcoming dental visit. Prep them ahead of time so that they know what to expect. We’ve found this helps children feel more comfortable when they step into our office.
- Plan your first visit during a convenient time of day. If your child feels rushed, it can make them feel overwhelmed.
- Before you arrive, take time to fill out the new patient forms online and submit them to our office. This will make your check-in experience both faster and smoother.
What To Expect During Your Child’s First Visit
Our waiting room is designed with kids in mind! Showing up early will give your child time to play and feel more comfortable before their appointment begins. Some fun activities when they arrive can be a great way to start off their dental experience!
- Our team will give you and your child a tour of our office, helping your child get to know our team and feel more comfortable with their surroundings.
- Your child will receive a dental hygiene goody bag! We’ll also provide you with home-care instructions.
- Dental x-rays will be taken and a registered dental hygienist will provide a thorough dental cleaning.
- Our dentist will then examine their smile, discuss any dental concerns and share advice on brushing, flossing, and cavity prevention. We’ll also be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- At the end of your child’s visit, they’ll take a trip to the prize wall where they can choose a surprise to take home!
Schedule Your Child’s First Visit!
Are you searching for a pediatric dentist in the Potomac, MD area? We invite you to request a visit online or call our team today. We look forward to working with you in helping your child maintain a healthy smile!